Recycle Your Cartridges
The Inky Shop Empties Exchange
Do you want to receive a discount on your next laser toner purchase? Simply return your empty cartridges to qualify. We’ll take your old one and give you a new one at a discount. Bring your empty toner cartridges to your nearest Inky Shop and inquire about how you can save on the purchase of your replacement cartridges. T&Cs apply.
Ink cartridges are a major culprit of environmental damage, especially once they reach landfill sites where the plastic components take about 1000 years to decompose. In South Africa alone, an estimated 11 million cartridges are sold every year and only about 30% of these are recycled. The other 70% that end up in landfills would fill 35 forty foot shipping containers! The production of a single ink cartridge leaves an estimated carbon footprint of 4.5 kg of CO2 and uses 2 litres of crude oil. Reusing and recycling ink cartridges makes a significant difference to the negative environmental impact of cartridge manufacture.
We all need to do our bit to care for our environment and The Inky Shop makes it easy to reconsider our office and household waste of laser, inkjet and copier cartridges. At The Inky Shop, we know the importance of reusing items to reduce waste, and that is why we’re passionate about our recycling programme and about our inkjet refill service (read more here).
Saving the earth feels like an enormous responsibility for one person to undertake or even think about. The truth is that saving our natural ecosystems from ink cartridge litter requires minimal effort, and by simply recycling or reusing your ink cartridges you are making a big impact. The best part is that it doesn’t cost you anything extra, it saves you money!