Ink Refill Service
At selected Inky Shops we offer our customers a money-saving alternative to expensive cartridge replacements - our inkjet refill service! At a fraction of the price of a new cartridge, refilling will extend the life of most inkjet cartridges without harming the printer!
Bring in your empty inkjet cartridges to be refilled while you wait or continue with your shopping.
What are the benefits of our Inky Shop inkjet refills?
- Refilling of most major brands of inkjet cartridge
- Professional quality vacuum-fill technology
- Premium quality inks that are cartridge specific and 100% compatible with your printer cartridge
- Yields and print quality to match the original
- Doesn’t void your printer warranty
- 100% money-back guarantee*
To extend the life of your printer cartridges, take proper care of them by following these steps:
- Always refill your empty cartridges with premium quality, cartridge-specific ink as carried out by The Inky Shop, to ensure superior results and cartridge longevity.
- Never touch the copper plate of the printhead with your fingers.
- Clean printer nozzles each time after refilling by running the clean print head command.
- Do not let an ink cartridge run dry. Ink helps to keep the print head from over-heating which can cause irreparable damage.
- Especially with colour, print at least once a week to clear drying ink in the print head.
- As soon as your cartridge is out of ink, seal it in a clean, airtight bag for refilling as soon as possible. Don't wait too long because as time passes, the success rate of the refill diminishes.
- If your cartridge came with a clip, don't put it back on as it could cause colour contamination.
- Always store refilled cartridges in a cool place and preferably in a ziplocked bag. Keep your cartridges upright with the print head down, particularly with colour cartridges.
Printer manufacturers have tried to limit third-party ink suppliers by putting smart computer chips on their cartridges that let only their OEM ink cartridges work in their printers. The Inky Shop is able to reset the chips on many models of cartridge so that so you can print with confidence knowing our product will be accepted by your machine. Our Troubleshooting Tips can walk you through the solutions to some common printer error messages that may occur.
At a fraction of the price of a new cartridge, refilling will extend the life of most inkjet cartridges without harming the printer! The ‘workhorse’ of the inkjet printer is the print head and circuitry contained on the cartridge itself. These heaters continue to do their work and the nozzles continue to fire well beyond just one use on most inkjet cartridges. In fact, the print head will continue to work on average somewhere between the 2nd and 5th time the cartridge is used until the print head weakens significantly or burns out completely.
Refills are surprisingly technical. Cartridges use different technology to print, such as thermal bubble or Piezoelectric technology (patented by Epson), and the ink composition varies greatly between manufacturers.
At The Inky Shop, our professional quality ink refill service uses vacuum-fill technology and premium quality inks that are cartridge specific and 100% compatible with your printer cartridge. This ensures superior results – yields and finest quality printing to match the original!
Refilled cartridges always contain at least the same amount of ink as the original, and sometimes up to 20% more! Eventually, your cartridge will reach a point at which it can no longer be refilled. Through testing, and to the best of our ability, we will advise you of whether your cartridge is in a satisfactory state to refill or if, in our best judgement, a replacement cartridge purchase is required.
Inky Shop refilled cartridges are endorsed by our 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee!
Due to the condition of some cartridges, this means we can't guarantee that every refill will work, but we will return your money for the refill if it doesn't!
The vast majority of our refills work like new, however, there are numerous factors outside of our control that affect the refill success rate of the cartridge - see care tips above.
In the instance that your refill doesn't perform as expected, we will return the money you spent on the refill to put towards a new cartridge.
Contact The Inky Shop before replacing your printer and we will gladly advise you on the best solution for your requirements to save you the most money.